In response to those who right away ask us "How much does it cost to use your company?" we reply:
Most asking this question we assume do so to just get an idea of the cost. Some genuinely do not understand the cost, and also the value, of using a professional service for carpet & upholstery cleaning. So for explanationís sake we provide this page of information.
Because many do use "cost of service" printed ads, such ads lead the public to believe the figures accurately reveal the true price of the best cleaning option to choose. This is seldom true until you have talked to a customer who responded to the ad and is truly satisfied for the details listed.
Typical cost ads figure usually: 1) per room of carpet @ about $15 or $20, and 2) per item of furniture, a 6' couch @ about $40 or $45.
Professional firms realize there is a bottom-line profitability to the average work order they complete, and in most regions of the United States that line is
FAR above these prices.
These Questions Are Asked at a typical Cleaning Quotation: The answers can determine the actual cost: some questions have a big factor, and others small, but all affect the final cost.
A. For carpet:
1. Approximately how many square feet are being cleaned? This tells us how the size and gives us an idea how much time we need to schedule for your job.
2. When was the carpet last been cleaned? Who cleaned and how was it done? [low moisture, steam, portable, truck-mount, owner or service company, etc.] Has the owner done interim spot-cleaning? Is there a high detergent residue or a spot problem that needs extended rinsing? What is the history of cleaning?
3. Is the carpet light in color? Is the carpet a solid color? Is the carpet pile height low, medium or high? Is the carpet made of nylon, olefin, wool, or some other type? Is the carpet cut, loop, or combinations, sculptured, or printed patterns?
4. Has the carpet previously had protector applied? When, and which areas?
5. Has the carpet been properly stretched?
6. Is there any prior physical damage, staining, mold or mildew damage?
7. Is the carpet wall-to-wall, area mats, 'tack-less' or glued installation, padded or rubber back?
8. Will the work order include fabric protection?
9. Is the carpet work order owner-occupied, or for landlord/ tenant arrangements?
10. Is the carpet work order urgent, or being done with other special conditions applicable?
B. For Upholstery
1. When was the Upholstery last cleaned? Who did it and How was it done? [low moisture, steam, portable, truck-mount, owner or service company, etc.] What is the history of cleaning?
2. Has the owner done spot-cleaning? Is there a high detergent residue problem that needs extended rinsing?
3. Is the upholstery light in color? Are there buttons to clean around? Is there skirting, or pleats, and how many? Is the couch 6', 7', or 8' in length? Is it a love seat? It is a sectional, and if so, how long?
4. Has the upholstery been previously had protector applied? When, and which areas? If not, Will the work order include fabric protection?
5. Is the upholstery made of cotton, nylon, olefin, wool, or some other type?
6. Is the upholstery textured or color sculptured, or with some other combinations or printed patterns?
7. Does the upholstery have attached or separate cushions? Include pillows, and how many and what type?
8. Is the upholstery a chair, and what type [parlor, kitchen, wing-back, recliner, electric, ottoman, part of a set]?
9. Is the upholstery work order owner-occupied, or for another person?
10. Is the upholstery work order urgent, or being done with other special conditions applicable?